Sunday, October 21, 2007

After The Market Its Down To The Lake..

Yesterday we went to a local Sunday Market to buy a few plants and I took my camera with me as the Jacaranda trees are a mass of beautiful blue flowers at present and there is nothing prettier that one of those trees in full bloom.. Here is a close up pic of the flowers this one is hanging down near my letter box I adore those beautiful blue bell shaped they last for quite a while and when they fall off the ground below the trees is like a blue carpet.


I am very fortunate that there is a lake within walking distance from where I live, Hubby and I often used to go down of a morning and feed the ducks and the water hens but age has taken a toll and I find we don't go down at much as we used to so on our way back from the Sunday Market we stopped by the lake to see our feathered friends, there were quite a few birds there water hens or maybe they are called water fowls and of course the ducks they are always a delight to see they all seem so friendly and even though they don't fly off as you get near to them they are still all eyes and if you get to close then they go off into the lake.. They were very frisky when we were there and always seem to be chasing each other no double mating season is well and truly on . They are running over the water so fast it looks like they walking on it when in actual fact they are taking off for a flight.


Its amazing to see the birds like this as the water is not that shallow there for birds I certainly would not have liked to walk into that depth. The birds continue to have a disagreement about something then all of a sudden they are at it again chasing each
other around the lak e then others join in and the chase is on. It is a while before they settle down so I just sit on one of the seats near the edge of the Lake and just watch and listen its a great way to relax and enjoy a afternoon of peace, and when we get up to go to the car I think to my self what a lovely pleasant day we have spent together enjoying some of Natures beautiful gifts. Its so peaceful here sitting and enjoying the wild life but what we need now is a lot of rain so that the birds will stay for a lot longer..

No comments: